...for the first time in a very LONG time! <><> Sorry it took so long to get to--I've been keeping myself busy with stuff. Tagged by
1. You must post these rules
2. Each person must share 13 things about them
3. Answer the 13 questions the tagger gave you and then invent 13 of your own
4. You must legitimately tag 13 people
5. Y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶t̶a̶g̶s (Too bad I enjoy breaking this rule. <^^>)
6. Tagbacks are not allowed
7. You must make a journal entry
Alright, 13 things about me..
1. I meow in real life.
2. I've written three books I would LOVE for you to check out. Post a comment to get a direct link to them or wander around my profile, I'm sure you'll find them soon enough.
3. Colouring traditional art SCARES me because you only get once chance. Hence, I'll often doodle something and SCAN it to transfer it to digital before colouring.
4. I used to run a role-playing website loosely based off "Warriors" called "Prides of the Forest". I still visit it and RP on it whenever there are other people around.
5. I've studied Japanese in a school setting for five years. I am nowhere near fluent though due to a three year gap between the first 3 and last 2 years.
6. The reason I began Japanese studies was A. I wanted to watch anime without subtitles, and B. my school had options OTHER THAN FRENCH! And I liked Japanese better than German or Spanish, which I believe were the only other options. Nowadays, I'd love to learn EVERY language(like Armenian), but given that there are still things that elude me about ENGLISH, I think I'll stick to what I've got.
7. I love it when people express interest in my books and stories and artwork--hearing that others want to see my stuff helps motivate me to get it done. <^^'>
8. I also love debating stuff with people, but only if we're talking about fictional people or Christianity. Fictional people because it's impossible to hurt their reputations(not that real life people need any help doing that), and because you get to see how they act outside of what they perceive to be the "public eye" and thus reveal their true character to the audience. Christianity because I love to try to explain my beliefs and why I believe them to people, and I think it's important to convey God's love for people through any outlet I can. It just so happens that usually people try to refute everything I say(anddd I must admit mostly vice versa), so it does usually turn into a bit of a debate--which as long as I'm able to stay civil and not get tongue-tied and remember it's okay to admit when I DON'T know something while actually listening to the other side, is fine with me. I can only hope they pay me the same respect.
9. In case the last one didn't make it obvious, I'm a Christian.
10. I was hoping to go to Japan this year, but circumstances prevented the person who was going to accompany me from being able to do so, so all my plans are sorta up in the air right about now.
11. I'm (very slowly) completing the course necessary to get my boat license.
12. Once I have my license, I'm looking forward to kidnapping a friend or two and heading up to my favourite lake and catching some rainbow trout.
13. I once accidentally solved one of those "impossible" puzzle entirely by accident--just as I was looking up the answer, by fiddling with it--EXACTLY how I predicted I would.
Okay, now for
's questions!1. What is your eye color?
Brown.2. What is the nearest restaurant (In relation to where you live)? Describe the food there.
... I'm actually not sure what's the--oh, nevermind! That counts--it's a Cheeseworks, so... Homey, yet also trendy in the sense that everything's "all-natural" and supposedly very healthy? Or so I would assume? I don't really care, I just love the overabundance of cheese. So delicous~!3. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
As an author, it is SO. DARNED. DIFFICULT. to answer this question. I would love power over physical darkness, but also power over fire, but ice or electricity would be cool too--flying would just make my morning commute and cutting down on gas prices that much nicer, and would encourage me to exercise, so that would be fun too... *Goes on forever.*4. If you could have any mythical creature as a pet, what would it be?
I honestly can't think of anything, but whatever it is, IT CAN'T EAT THE CATS. It must be friends with the cats.
5. Where have you always wanted to travel?
Actually, the ONLY place I want to travel is Japan.
6. What is the terminal velocity of an unladen swallow?
Alright, so google tells me a Sparrow weighs about 24-40 grams as an adult, so, keeping in mind that this is probably an adult, we'll go with a mid-ground of 34 grams for our sparrow. Google also tells me that terminal velocity is v = the square root of ((2*m*g)/(ρ*A*C)).
M=Mass, so let's plug that in.
Secondly, we can assume the sparrow is falling on EARTH, so we can further add in what wikihow (www.wikihow.com/Calculate-Term…
) tells me the acceleration due to gravity is; 9.8 meters/second. We can also assume that the sparrow is falling through the earth's atmosphere, but hasn't been flying so high that the density would change much as it fell, so the density according to google is 1.2 kg/m3
. I'll also adjust the sparrow's weight into kilograms instead of grams to keep things consistent.
I'll also assume that the only reason this calculation would come into effect would be that the sparrow is A. diving or B. fainted in midair, and is falling. In either case, I believe that the way the wind would push it would cause it to assume the most areodynamic pose, so nose down, wings against body. Let's be even nicer and assume the bird is conscious, so wings will be tucked nice and tight. So, unfortunately I doubt there's been much research into the drag of a diving sparrow, so I looked up footballs and peregrine falcon to get an idea. The falcon was most helpful, journals.plos.org/plosone/arti…
, from which I got the number 0.0941. The drag on a foot ball was .05-.06. (users.df.uba.ar/sgil/physics_p…
) That being said, I think I'll go with the falcon's number as it's probably closer to what a sparrow would experience, and given how fast a peregrine dives, we're being exceedingly generous.
Finally, the area of the object--now, wikipedia tells me they have a typical length of 16 cm or .16 meters. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_sp…
Given however, that the bird is going face-first, I'm going to say we can quarter that to give the area hitting the wind an area of 4cm or .04m. Now, we're finally ready to do that calculation!
v=Squareroot((2*0.034*9.8)//(1.2*0.04*0.941)) = 3.84106802m/h
Now, keep in mind I had to make a lot of assumptions so this may not be correct--and anything I did cite was because a simple google search brought up the answer without having to go onto any other websites.
...What?! I'm an overthinking author with a love of REALISM IN FANTASY. You never know when you need to calculate the terminal velocity of a DRAGON to see whether or not it could have actually made it all the way down that mountain in time to rescue the character!
7. How did you come up with your dA user name?
Felinemon started out as a fan-digimon, and I've been using it for as long as I can remember. Seriously, I can't think of a single site where I'm NOT felinemon except where necessity dictated because the name was already taken or something.8. Favorite Soda?
CREAM!9. Any siblings?
...1 full, 3 half.10. Any pets?
My kittens! Who aren't really kitten but I call them that! Amber and Anabell.11. What is the worst OC you have ever made?
Worst as in "Oh goodness I wish I never made them" or worst as in "You evil thing, torture the mains more!"? Because I don't have any of the former, but plenty of the latter. Like Turten, the spiede king, Dominance, Ninjyoumon... I could go on.
12. On the topic of OCs, what OC do you love the most?
Two years ago, this would have been an easy question; Laura Tion! But nowadays, it's a lot harder, Rayon Aisling is certainly vying for top spot, but Umbra's right behind her, and Mint is such a LOVABLE jerk-psychopath with far too much compassion....
13. Cool, now list 13 other peoples OCs that you like and tell us why you like them (No particular order, if you don't have 13 list as much as you can)
Hoooo boooyyy. WELL, HERE GOES NOTHING!
EM! Can't say too much without spoilers but I love her! Design, story and character--and that I get to help her decide stuff!
Not to mention Tracer, Falken, Rad, the Blob family, Lilyanas...
All of them?! Your designs are WONDERFUL. And too much fun!
Liu is a such a pretty kitty! Though I must admit I am partial to black panthers. And Snaketeeth the character is such a cool cat!
UhhUhhh WHO ELSE WHO ELSE... (I hate being put on the spot like this!)
's Random Doom characters--particuarly Saria and Ross. They're cute. And Saria's a leafeon... <><>
's Maisie--probably because we're rping them!
Okay, one more by my count... Goodness, there are so many people I'm forgetting!
's SPACE MONKEY. And Dahnyo, and Valerie? Was that the girl vampire's name? Oh deeaarrr, too long since I worked on that!
Phhhewwwws. Okay, THAT'S done. Now I need to make up my own question. *Sigh,* Alright, again, here goes nothing!1. Favourite food?
2. If you ever need cheering up, what would lift your spirits?
3. Favourite hobby? If no favourite, give us your top three. If no hobbies, what do you do with your free time instead?
4. Do you have a routine of any sort? What do you do?
5. Choose 1! Speak every language on Earth fluently but be deaf, or can understand every language on Earth but be mute?
7. What's the most important thing you know to be fact?
8. Name the best gift you've ever gotten and the circumstances around it.
9. Tell me a story with a twist ending!
10. Favourite HAND-DRAWN animation?
11. Favourite CGI animation?
12. Name one TV show you feel was cancelled before its time.
13. Name something you'd like to see immortalized in stained glass.
...That last one is so random. Why not!? <><> Anyway, go ahead and do if you like! But please "mention" me so I can see your answers! I'm curious! Have fun guys!